Thursday, October 28, 2010

One Hundred Years of Menswear

I took a couple of fashion history classes while I was at North Texas but never anything with an emphasis on menswear. This book satisfied my hunger and filled some holes in my knowledge in men's clothing from the early 20th century. The author, Cally Blackman, divides the book chronologically between the 1900's to 1930's and 1940's onwards and further into sub-categories.

One Hundred Years of Menswear is roughly 20% text and 80% classic fashion print ads and Sartorialist style photography. I did not feel like it was worth the cover price when it first came out, but after devouring this book, I now disagree with my initial judgment. I would recommend this book to any fashion enthusiast as well as any guy out there with a remote interest in why we dress the way we do today.

No comments:

Post a Comment